Here are some dates to remember:
- about a year before your event, order the "thank you" cards/stationary and the "save the date" cards;
- eleven months prior, mail the "save the date" cards;
- four to six months prior, order the following:
directions and map cards
rehearsal dinner event invitations
bridesmaids luncheon invitations
day after the event brunch event invitations
will-you-be-my- ... (maid of honor, best man, bridesmaid, flower girl, etc.) cards
- six to eight weeks before, mail all of the stationary pieces you ordered four to six months ago and order the following:
place cards and/or escort cards
- within two weeks after the event, mail announcements, order correspondence cards/notes, calling cards/gift enclosures and at home cards.
Every event is different and will have its own timeline, but in general, these dates should be adhered to. Also, not all of the listed above pieces of your suite will be used, but that was rather a complete list of items you might consider having as part of your event.